The latest journal impact factor rankings have been released, showing that Lancet Neurology leads the field in neurology.
According to figures released in Clarivate’s Journal Citation Reports, Lancet Neurology had an impact factor of 30.039 for 2019.
By way of comparison, the ranking of medical journals in terms of numbers of citations of articles by other peer-reviewed journals is topped by general publications such as NEJM (74.699) and JAMA (45.540), while the Medical Journal of Australia had an impact factor of 6.112.
The top rankings for neurology journals are:
- Lancet Neurology 30.039
- Nature Reviews Neurology 27.000
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia 17.127
- JAMA Neurology 13.608
- Brain 11.337
- Annals of Neurology 9.037
- Neurology 8.770
- Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry 8.234
- Journal of Stroke 7.470
- Stroke 7.190
- Acta Neuropathologica 6.270
- Epilepsia 6.040
- Pain 5.483
- Multiple Sclerosis Journal 5.412
- Journal of Parkinsons Disease 5.178
- Journal of Headache and Pain 4.797
- Headache 4.041
According to Clarivate, the annual JCR impact factor is a ratio between citations and recent citable items published. Thus, the impact factor of a journal is calculated by dividing the number of current year citations to the source items published in that journal during the previous two years.