There are eight steps to ensuring effective education for patients with inflammatory arthritis, according to new EULAR recommendations.
Using the overarching principle that: Patient education is a planned interactive learning process designed to support and enable people to manage their life with inflammatory arthritis and optimise their health and well being the EULAR taskforce developed the following 8 recommendations.
Patient education should:
1. Be an integral part of standard care
2. Carried out throughout the course of the disease
3. Tailored and needs specific
4. Individual and/or group sessions delivered face-to-face or online.
5. Based on theory and evidence.
6. The effectiveness of the education should be evaluated.
7. Delivered by competent healthcare professionals and/or patients .
8. Providers of patient education should have access to specific training.
You can get the full EULAR recommendations here.
Don’t forget to follow us on twitter @the_limbic